Florida State University Search
Accurate scheduling is a key component of our energy conservation program. Our goal is to ensure that classrooms or other areas not in use are not provided with HVAC, non-emergency lighting, or other non-essential utilities. Areas that are not on the master schedule are automatically turned off unless a specific request is made.
Making a Schedule Change Request
When faced with the need to operate a room or building for a single occasion outside of the master schedule compiled by the Registrar's office or normal building operating hours, a schedule change request is required. Since energy expenditures are a major consideration by the University, variations from the schedule generally require approval by a Dean or other authorized manager.
Submission for all requests should be entered through the web form at this web link, AC-REQUEST. If your event is less than 5 business days from the date that your request was made, we will make every effort to accommodate that request but cannot guarantee it. Please note that once your request has been formally scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email. It is also important to use the above form if your schedule or event has been changed or cancelled. This will allow for adjustment or removal of the scheduling request in the building automation system.
Information Needed to Submit a Request
- Building Number
- Building Name
- Building floor, office suite and/or specific room numbers being used.
- Date or Days event is taking place.
- Specific event start time and end time for each day.
- Start time for each day should include when staff begins setup before event. If event starts at 9:00 AM and staff arrives at 7:00 AM for setup then the start time should be reported as 7:00 AM.
- End time for each day should be reported as the expected time staff leaves after any breakdown and cleanup of event space. If the event ends at 9:00 PM and the cleanup will take 1 hour then the reported end time should be 10:00 PM.