Florida State University Search
FSU Facilities Jobs
businessBuilding Services - Custodians maintain clean and sanitary conditions of all the university’s facilities and buildings to foster a safe and pleasant learning environment.
straightenPlanning, Design & Construction - Architects, planners, engineers, construction managers, and other design professionals provide successful development and continuous improvement of campus facilities.
warningEnvironmental Health and Safety - Inspectors, technicians, safety officers, and risk management professionals ensure compliance with regulations, procedures, and standards to promote a safe and healthy environment in classrooms, laboratories, and work sites.
monetization_onFacilities Financial Services - Manage budgets and financial needs of departmental operations and projects.
contact_phoneFacilities Human Resources - Oversee recruitment and employee and labor relations for Facilities employees.
Facilities HR Specialist, Employee & Labor Relations
Job ID - 54785
Closing Date: until filled
This position works in the Facilities HR Satellite office and provides overall guidance to supervisors, management, and employees regarding disciplinary actions and performance management. This position also administers the Federal Commercial Driver's License Drug Testing Program.
- Provides counseling to employees, management, and supervisors regarding employee disciplinary matters and the performance management process. Takes witness statements, analyzes and formulates recommendations on findings, prepares case summaries, and drafts appropriate disciplinary action letters and performance expectations plans. Prepares for the presentation of appealable disciplinary actions to arbitration as necessary. Provides assistance in the administration of layoffs within the University.
- Prepares for negotiations and drafts proposals; researches labor relations issues and conducts costing analysis; may assist with other administrative items, such as scheduling sessions, contract administration training, as needed. Responsible for handling and timely processing of collective bargaining grievances and USPS/A&P complaints. Provides recommendations to management on resolutions.
- This position administers the Federal Commercial Driver's License Drug Testing Program by ensuring compliance with DOT regulations related to background checks and drug testing procedures.
- Conducts training in all areas of employee & labor relations. May be assigned special projects and assists with other duties as assigned.
devicesFacilities Information Technology - Operates and maintains all Facilities computer infrastructure, on-campus Service Center, and AiM facilities management system.
local_floristGrounds and Landscaping Operations - Groundskeepers, arborists, horticulturists, equipment operators, and landscape design professionals maintain and enhance an attractive natural environment on campus.
Water Resources Program Manager / Facility & Grounds
Job ID - 56335
Closing Date: until filled
- Reviews new project site plans for campus stormwater, sanitary sewer, and domestic water projects.
- Submits plans as required to municipalities or other regulatory authorities for new projects.
- Coordinates between Civil engineers, FSU Planning, Design & Construction, and City of Tallahassee to comply with MOUs, LOA's and other documentation.
- Manages stormwater facility compliance for all FSU owned properties in the State of Florida (Tallahassee, Sarasota, Immokalee). Coordinates maintenance program with contractors and other FSU departments.
- Coordinates with FSU Engineering Services and Planning departments to oversee system changes to the FSU campus map (both GIS and AutoCAD versions). Assists in the development of the utilities master plan for storm water, domestic water, and sanitary sewer.
- Manages the campus cross connection and fire hydrant annual testing, repair, and reporting program.
- Other duties as assigned, including overseeing special projects for the department.
buildMaintenance - Various trades technicians provide maintenance, repair, and construction services for buildings and building systems on campus.
brushMaster Craftsman Studio - Designers, sculptors, and artisans dedicated to fabrication and art installations that reflect the heritage and culture of the university and public commissions.
local_convenience_storeService Center - Facilitate the collection and transmission of service requests for students, faculty, and staff on campus.
powerSustainability - Educate and engage the campus community to develop a culture of environmental care through climate action, waste minimization, and resource stewardship.
wb_incandescentUtilities & Engineering Services - Engineers and technicians control and manage utility services across campus, including steam, chilled water, electricity, domestic water, sanitary sewer, and natural gas.
deleteWaste Management - Manage recycling and waste disposal throughout campus.