Florida State University Search
- Job Order Contracting (JOC)
- Lab Permits
- Capital Project Development Program
- Refrigerant Management
- Hydrant Management
- Cross Connection Management
- Roof Maintenance
- Funding Categories
- Staff Galleries
Construction and Labor Shop
Our goal is to provide services that enable campus units to perform well.
Facilities Construction and Labor Shop supports the campus with general maintenance. In addition, the shop supports campus renovation and modification projects on a limited basis
In House Construction completes many projects such as renovating classrooms, offices and labs, (walls, doors, electrical, lighting, demolition, flooring, painting, ceilings, and sheetrock) that are smaller in scope than those generally completed by Facilities Design & Construction. In addition, the team also manages complex projects for the utility and maintenance teams.
Construction Labor replaces/repairs sidewalks, installs fencing and provides other special assistance to the other shops
The primary construction service delivery mode is via the Job Order Contracting (JOC) program. Listed below are some important guidelines:
- The team DOES NOT provide estimates directly. Departments should use the Project Estimate form to request a formal estimate.
- The team DOES provide initial project scope discussions with departments free of charge.
- The team DOES NOT sign building permit requests when not managing the work.
- The team cannot authorize departments to self-perform construction work.
- The team is limited to the use of contractors that are approved and vetted for construction work on campus.
Over the past year, the team has been working to develop innovative and lower cost construction project delivery models. The JOC program serves some of the need. We have the capability to complete very small projects with onsite resources or contract with a set of approved general and specialty contractors.
If you have any questions about our service offerings or would like to consult with someone regarding a project, contact:
- Skippy Morris
- Assistant Director of In House Construction & Maintenance Shops
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (850) 284-4769