Florida State University Seal



Surplusing an item is easy!

  1. First and foremost, you must be an FSU Property Manager/Property Custodian to complete this request. If you are not the property manager and don’t know who is in your department, you can run the OMNI query FSU_DPT_AM_PROPERTY_ROLES to determine this. Questions about updating or changing the role owner should be directed to the Controller's Office at

  2. You will be required to enter separate requests for capital items (valued at $5,000 or more) and non capital items (less than $5,000 value). You can list multiple items on the same request.

  3. For all capital items, the Controller's Office must approve any dispositions via the Property Accountability Release Form before you can proceed. You will be asked to upload a signed copy of this document before you can complete the request.